[Eng] Taken over

3 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

[Eng] Taken over - Page 4 Empty Re: [Eng] Taken over

Post  PuddingMonster Sat 06 Feb 2021, 16:59

[Eng] Taken over - Page 4 TaUXVRn
My eyes just stared at the map that was laying on the table. I was never involved in deciding where to go, so most of my knowledge was based on things I had learned through my lessons. One thing that was important during sailing was to always record where you were using the sun and stars. And it seemed like there were some lines and dots on it. Seeing how Johnny couldn't read a map however, I felt that there was at least a day unrecorded. The compass next to the map was pointing south-west, which was logical as we were on our way from Bristol to India to explore at the colonies for a while. "The best idea would be to either port at the Canarian islands, or the West African coast," I told Johnny. The islands were not too far away from the course my dad had planned out, and it was probably his plan to dock there. Right before I was taken away, my brother had mentioned it wouldn't be too long before we would arrive at our next destination. The only thing left was determining where our ship was. I took the sextant on the table, pointed it at the sun and read the degrees. Then I used that to draw a little cross as to where we were currently. "I'm guessing the islands are a day or two of sailing away from us."
PuddingMonster
PuddingMonster

Female Aantal berichten : 14784
Leeftijd : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  xTeacup_ Fri 19 Feb 2021, 17:20

[Eng] Taken over - Page 4 5d56a78eca11d7c26dc2202eddd7fd75
he kept his eyes on the map as she spoke, listening to her explainations and motives. The Canarian islands, the west African coast. He wasnt stupid though, if they where really THAT close to a harbor, wouldnt it ment her family had sailed their way towards there either? afterall, he couldnt imagine them staying on his old, wrecked ship for to long. He couldnt risk running into them now and risking them trying to take their ship back. especial on land, who knows what help they could get on the land, Johnny only had his small hand of crew members who existed out some people who had given up on business life and tried to find their freedom on the ocean. Sure they where able to deal with swords en guns, but their wherent all properly trained or equally build. But they where all he had. so.. neither could he risk sailing even further, hoping to reach the african coast in time before they ran out of food. All of this spun around in his mind as he kept his eyes on the cross she had drawn. "fine, but we will arrive at night then and leave before the sun comes up," he claimed, it would be the best chance to avoid running into her family
xTeacup_
xTeacup_
WebMaster

Female Aantal berichten : 36694

Back to top Go down

Post  PuddingMonster Fri 26 Feb 2021, 17:42

"You're the captain so the decision is yours," I said while shrugging to his reply, "I can read a map, but I've never truly been there so I can't predict which of the harbours are less trouble." The map that was on the table was more of a big overview of our route all the way to India, showing the whole of Africa. Father should've had more detailed maps of the points we were going to visit along the way. I looked around the office, looking for scrolls that looked like other maps. At the wall, there was a big case that looked like it was filled. "However, there might be a more detailed map with all the ports on the islands in the study," I said and started looking at the different scrolls, hoping for labels on them. While searching the scrolls, I tried my best to not move them out of place, as they probably had a certain logic to their order. I pulled out one scroll and opened it, to see a bigger version of the canary islands. "I think this should give a better idea of the less crowded ports that we could port to."
PuddingMonster
PuddingMonster

Back to top Go down

Post  xTeacup_ Sun 06 Jun 2021, 17:02

"indeed, i am, "he mumbled softly to himself, as if something to praise himself for every time. Folding his arms, he followed her with his eyes when she stepped over to a specific case in order to find the detailed map. Finally moving his body to approach her after she mentioned to have found the scroll she was looking for and reached out to take them from her hands. He scanned the map swiftly with his eyes, before he stepped back to the table. Dust bunnies flying through the air as he threw the scroll open on the table. spreading the canvas before he folded his arms again as if it would help him concentrate in any kind of way.. His expression turned serious, almost ugly as he knotted his brows in a stern frown before he pointed his finger at the map. "What do you think of that place? Santa Cruz de Tenerife, do you happen do know anything about that?"

xTeacup_
xTeacup_
WebMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PuddingMonster Mon 07 Jun 2021, 20:16

My eyes couldn't help but rest on Johnny's expressions while he was looking for a place to go to. He seemed to be able to focus pretty well and I couldn't help but imagine how he wouldn't be a bad student at all. When he asked me about Santa Cruz, it took me a moment to pull myself together again and recall all the important information of the island. "Yes, Santa Cruz de Tenerife," I repeated, closing my eyes to think for a moment. I realized just how much they should actually be teaching girls just as much as boys about these kind of subjects. "I don't know too many actually useful things about it. Just that it's the biggest port of all the islands and there's a lot of trade. There would be a lot of ships and eyes on us there, but then again it could also be the wisest choice of all." In my head, I was trying to imagine people's reactions when our ship would sail in, seeing the rowdy pirates getting off and drawing attention to them. "But as they say, the best place to hide a tree is in a forest," I said, thinking out loud, "you would be able to blend in perfeclty. There would probably be other ships sailing from England that have a similar look as this one."
PuddingMonster
PuddingMonster

Back to top Go down

Post  xTeacup_ Mon 07 Jun 2021, 22:03

It wasnt hard to tell when she was looking at him as he could almost literally feel her staring into his soul. He raised his head, looking at her with an annoyed frown as if she had disturbed his focus. "What are ya starin' at??" He slightly scolded her, rubbing the back of his neck before he pointed to the map.
He kept his eyes on the map when she spoke, trying to visualise her words. If it was the bigest port with a lot of trade, they would definitely be able to trade or mostlikely steal some livestock to fill up their food supply for their long trips. His frown returned whens she mentioned her proverb. "What are ya talkin' about??" He asked her, raising an eyebrow and showing her how he had never heard of such thing. He took a deep sigh, turning back to the map. "I still feel like we should anchor at night," he mentioned stubbornly, resching out to roll back up the scroll of the islands, exposing the bigger map underneath it. "You've one enough, go and tell ((..)) we'll head northeast!"
xTeacup_
xTeacup_
WebMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PuddingMonster Tue 08 Jun 2021, 22:50

Nobody would believe just how fast I was able to adjust. Just a day ago, Johnny's crude way of talking would've bothered me tremendously, but by now it just left me entirely unfazed. When Johnny gave me the order to pass by a message I would be ready to go and bring it without too much ado. But there was one little problem. And the very thought of an outburst from Johnny made me fear it enough to sweeten the situation with gentle words. "I beg your pardon, but," I said, and couldn't help but look away for a moment, "I haven't been quite acquainted with the rest of the crew yet. Who is that?" Johnny hadn't taken the time yet to actually introduce me to anyone on the ship. I had some vague memories of the different types of people I had seen on the ship, but since I was mostly confined to the room I hadn't really talked to any of them. I hadn't even thought of asking Johnny to introduce any of them either, seeing how I wouldn't really be part of the crew and just a hostage. Somewhere I was even surprised Johnny was even asking this of me, seeing how he should be mistrusting me instead. I could easily be changing the order and directly try to find contact with my family instead. But it was better not to make him angry, nor draw any of his suspicion. "Perhaps if you could describe this person to me I could find them for you?"
PuddingMonster
PuddingMonster

Back to top Go down

Post  xTeacup_ Wed 09 Jun 2021, 15:17

He had already turned back to the maps when she spoke her question en turned back to face her with another frown. "You still havent left?" he groaned. "Go to William," he repeated in a more stern manner, "he should be in the steering room." He knew he probably shouldnt be asking ehr this, but honestly he couldnt feel bothered running the arrand himself, and Adelynn was the only option in the room. He was about to turn back to the maps and continue his track of thoughts, when the thing came to mind. His lips forming back into a mocking smirk as he looked at her, "you DO know twhere to find the steering room right?" he asked her, "after all, this used to by your daddy's precious ship," he spoke, feeling the need to remind her. Though it didnt took long for his face to turn back to the stern frown, "Hurry up, we cant waste any second now!" he finally raised his voice, scolding her into the direction of the door
xTeacup_
xTeacup_
WebMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PuddingMonster Wed 09 Jun 2021, 16:03

I hadn't walked too much around the ship before, especially not the more technical spaces like the steering room or the storage for the canons. They had always told me I wouldn't do anything but be in the way. But when Johnny raised his voice I knew I couldn't say anything anymore. "Yes!" I whimpered hurriedly, and turned around to make my way there. I had a hunch of where it could be, seeing how it was off-limits to me in the first place. I ran to the room as quick as I could and timidly opened the door, looking inside. "Hello, I'm looking for someone called William?" I said, looking around to see if there was anyone. A man opened the door with a fast yank. "Wuss yer problem with me, lil lass?" the man said with an annoyed expression. "I-I just had to relay from the captain to head north-east." William turned himself around and started yelling to the rest of the crew what they had to do so they could change course. After that he looked at me again. "Wut yer lookin' at lass, yer in me way." My job was done and I didn't really know what else to do, so I turned myself around and decided the best I could do was just go back to the room where I was supposed to be locked in. How ironic, a hostage going willingly back to their cel. But wasn't any different in the past, just that the room was bigger and more lavish.
PuddingMonster
PuddingMonster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum